Research Associate, Assay Development
Novel Microdevices is currently looking for highly motivated Research Associate to join our R&D scientific team as a key member in developing IVD point-of-care molecular diagnostic assays for rapid detection of infectious pathogens. The selected candidate will be part of an innovative and interdisciplinary team, with an opportunity to learn about product development and research activities in an industry setting. The position is a technical role reporting to the Senior Scientific Research Manager and will provide an opportunity to participate in many aspects of in vitro diagnostics design, development, manufacturing, and commercialization processes. The main responsibilities include:
- Execute and analyze experiments under the supervision of the team technical leads and senior scientists.
- Support lab functions such as organization, inventory, equipment QC, prepare buffers, reagents, and media.
- Research and development of nucleic acid sample preparation, amplification, microfluidic technology, automation, and lateral flow assay detection of infectious pathogens.
- Must have experience working in research or clinical laboratory settings
- Experience working in BSL-1 and BSL-2 laboratory
- Must have good lab techniques, organizational and documentation practices
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be a self-starter and have a can-do attitude
- Team player willing to contribute to other groups as needed
- Good time management skills
- Ability to work on simultaneous projects as needed
- Passion for science, continuous improvement, and learning new skills
- Experience in sample preparation and nucleic acids extraction methods
- Experience in nucleic acid amplification / detection technologies (LAMP, PCR or RT-PCR)
- Experience with handling clinical biological samples such as urine, swabs, saliva and blood
- Experience growing difficult-to-culture microorganisms
- Experience in microfluidic assay development
- Experience in lateral flow assay development
- Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry, Biology, Microbiology, Biotechnology, or related field
- 0-2 years of relevant work experience.