Novel Microdevices is looking for a Research Engineer. Under general supervision, plans and conducts engineering research requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. Devises new approaches to problems encountered.
- Plans and conducts engineering research requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard engineering and scientific techniques.
- Applies an analytical approach to the solution of a wide variety of problems or applies specialized techniques or ingenuity in selecting and evaluating approaches to unforeseen or novel problems.
- Demonstrates and applies thorough understanding of engineering methods, research protocols, assessment instruments, and data interpretation.
- Independently performs most research assignments with instructions as to the general results expected; receives guidance on unusual or complex problems.
- Designs, performs, and/or oversees engineering experiments, tests, and data collection to ensure data integrity, quality control, and protocol compliance.
- Coordinate’s activities of engineering function and encourages interchange of information, ideas, and techniques among various engineering fields.
- Reviews and evaluates results and conclusions of research projects.
- Writes or assists in writing grant proposals; as appropriate, serves as principal investigator on projects of complexities consistent with above criteria.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Skill in the use of routine laboratory equipment.
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations based on research data and findings.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to use independent judgment to develop model concepts and approaches for research.
- Ability to design, organize, and coordinate scientific and/or engineering research projects.
- Knowledge of advanced mathematical concepts.
- Ability to conduct systematic analysis and develop solutions to complex scientific problems.
- Knowledge of engineering and/or scientific research principles, practices, and protocols.
- Ability to perform independent, original research in an advanced area of scientific expertise.
- Knowledge of engineering/scientific experiments, tests, and data collection protocols.
- Bachelor’s degree in a directly related field; at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Professional conferences and events